Q. How can I use Google Scholar to access the college's journal subscriptions from off-campus?
To set your Library Links in Google Scholar:
- Go to scholar.google.com.
- Click on the Settings link or cog icon.
- Click on Library Links on the menu on the left.
- Type Suffolk County Community College in the search box and hit the search button.
- Check the box next to Suffolk County Community College - Fulltext @ SCCC.
- Hit the Save button.
Now your results list willl show Fulltext @ SCCC next to some articles titles (see below). Those articles in journals available through the library's subscriptions. Click on the Fulltext @ SCCC link and you will be prompted to authenticate with your MYSCCC ID and password. This allows you to avoid the frustration of clicking on a PDF link and bring prompted to pay for the article.
Remember that the library does not subscribe to every journal due to budget constraints. Use the library's Interlibrary Loan service to request material not available the SCCC Libraries.