Q. the films on demand is not allowing me entrance from my computer off campus. I put in a username and password but program is not accepting it
I may need to see what you're seeing to know for sure what the problem is. It could be a number of things.
For now, follow the steps below exactly (you can also watch this short screencast—includes audio—that shows me doing it: http://www.screencast.com/t/gJ1rEoppR8J)
1. Library homepage: http://www.sunysuffolk.edu/Students/library.asp
2. On the lower right side, look for the blue and white heading labeled Research Links and click "Articles and Databases."
3. Click on the light blue tab labeled "Database List"
4. Select the Films on Demand database from the alphabetical list of databases.
5. You should see a screen asking for your MySCCC username and password.
6. Enter your username and password. Your username is what comes before the @ in your sunysuffolk email. So if your email is firstname.lastname@example.org, you only want to login with wjjh78.
7. You should now be in the Films on Demand database.
If it didn’t work, try logging in at MySCCC to test your username/password.
Please let us know if that’s not working.