Q. How do I create an in-text citation in APA style?
In APA style an in-text citation must include the author's last name, the year of publication, and the page or paragraph number(s) where the information being quoted or paraphrased was found.
- The author's last name can be at the end of the sentence within parentheses or anywhere connected to the sentence (see examples below).
- The year of publication will always be in parentheses and will be directly after the author's last name no matter where it is located in the sentence.
- The page number(s) will always be at the end of the sentence within parentheses. If there are no page numbers available, you must count paragraphs and include the paragraph number.
- If there are multiple authors, you will still include all of their last names.
- If there are no authors, you will include part of the title at the end of the sentence within parentheses.
For step-by-step instructions on creating in-text citations and additional examples, please click on the video link below.
Was this helpful? 1 0