Q. How do I format a paper in APA style?
The following is the standard format for an APA style paper:
- 1 inch margins
- Easily readable font like Times New Roman, 12 point
- Double-spacing throughout the paper
- Running Head at the top left of each page. The Running Head will be the title of your paper or a shortened version if the title is very long.
- Page number on the top right corner of every page.
- Title page at the beginning of the paper
- References page at the end of the paper
Although not often, you may be required to break your APA paper into sections. Click on the Purdue OWL link below for more information about this. Below are examples of an APA title page and an APA running head and page number.
Was this helpful? 2 0