Q. What is a good database to start research on a controversial topic?
If you have an assignment to prepare a persuasive or argumentative essay or speech:
1) Go to Opposing Viewpoints in Context and select a topic.
2) Select at least one resource listed under "Reference" to get factual information.
3) Select at least one resource listed under "Viewpoints" to get opinions.
4) Select "Statistics" or "Images" to build the argument.
5) Go to "Research Guide for Critical Thinking" in the toolbox of the SIRS database to organize information for the essay or speech.
6) Use citations at the bottom of each article to create a "Works Cited" page for your essay.
7) Go to the LibGuide, "Persuasive Essays" for additional assistance.
Was this helpful? 0 0